What is Stay and Play?
Stay and play is a free children’s centre service that is offered to families in the community to bring their children under 5 to stay and play sessions. Parents must supervise their children at all times.
Stay and Play sessions offer a range of Early Years Foundation Stage activities including creative activities, story corner, baby corner, construction, small world, outdoor area and many more. These sessions are beneficial to a child’s development; giving opportunity for them to learn through play.
Best Start aims for the children are:
- To make them feel welcome
- To develop socially through play and improve social skills
- Promote healthy eating through snack times and activities
- To develop physical skills though using large and small physical equipment
- Encourage turn taking and sharing
- Play with a variety of toys
- Singing and story telling
- Developing their speech and language
- Encourage children to tidy up
Croydon’s vision is that:
All children, young people and families who live, work or play in Croydon will realise their full potential and enjoy equality of opportunity – personal, social, environmental and economic.
Croydon Best Start work in Partnership with outside agencies including speech and language therapists, health visitors, social services, Behaviour Therapists (ABC Team), Dad’s Group, Job Centre Plus, Croydon Council, Local schools etc.